"Sure, I can knit that!"
Well, Grumpasaurus no. 1 was completed on Friday night, but some issues had arisen as to who would retain ownership of Grumpasaurus. Therefore, faced with a snow day on Saturday and the fear of bloodshed on Monday, I decided to settle the issue by creating a second Grumpasaurus.
Therefore I present Grumpasaurus:
And now there shall be peace. I hope.
I've finished the final agave chart on the Aeolian shawl and I'm working on the edging set up. I was a bit confused at first, but as with most knitting directions, if you quit trying to understand and just do what it says, it starts to make sense. I have visions of finishing by next week, but I am trying to talk myself back into reality. That is to say, I am trying to remind myself of the reality of how even when you only have fifty rows to go, those rows get longer and longer and take longer and longer, and if you only have fifty rows to go but it takes you forty minutes to do a row...well. It seems unlikely that finishing will happen this week. I hope I don't run out of beads. I have already gone through the entire first tube of my order. These tubes are smaller than the Bead Obession tube and the beads themselves are less uniform - I keep having to pick out ones that are malformed or wierdly shaped. I'm close to the end but there are areas that are very heavily beaded, so--I have apprehensions. I am not at all worried about running out of yarn, on the other hand. I seem to have plenty left on the cone. I am so unworried that I am not deleting that last sentence. See. It's just sitting there. I'm not deleting it at all.
I have been knitting the shawl fairly faithfully. I just love the project so much that I don't even really want to work on anything else, so I haven't got much else to show. I have completed one plain stockinette sock in the Blacklight BFL from Fly Designs, and I cast on for the second one last night, but that's it. Hopefully, I will soon have the finished shawl to show and then I can be more interesting.