Ladies and gentlemen, I have officially knit all 7 shawls from Romi's newly-rechristened 7 Small Shawls to Knit: Year 1, the Pleiades. Let's take a little trip down memory lane.
1. Merope - Schaefer Audrey in Nellie Bly
2. Maia - Schaefer Audrey in Dian Fossey
3. Celaeno - Firber Optics FootNotes in Sapphire Batik
4. Elektra - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk in Mochaccino
5. Taygete (twice) - Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock in Pink Hydrangea and Dark Flannel Pajamas and Mirasol Tupa in Sapphire and...something else. I can't be bothered to look it up.
6. Asterope - Lisa Souza Cashmere & Silk in Peacock
7. And, finally, Alcyone - Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets in the impossible-to-photograph Aqua Tide
I probably should have waited until she was blocked to make this triumphant post, but I just couldn't wait. This has been so much fun, knitting through all seven shawls, and more importantly, it was the eBook that brought me to Romi's Ravelry group, where I have met so many friends and received so much encouragement. Little did I know when I started this journey that I would end up where I am, so thank you, Romi, from the bottom of my heart, and I so look forward to Year 2: The Muses. Where will I be this time next year, when I look back? I don't know, but I can guarantee you one thing - there will be a damn fine pile of knitting next to me. Or not - since I kept all 7 shawls this year, I am thinking seriously about giving away all 7 next year, about selecting a woman who inspires me for each muse, and knitting that shawl for them. I'll be honest, though - I'll have a real hard time giving these away!
In the meantime, that dastardly Romi has released a new design in a yarn that I just happen to have in my stash so - I guess that will tide me over while we wait for the first muse!
Now I'm feeling a little put out because I had all this eye candy to show you from my Alaska trip, of the local yarns I bought, and yet I feel like this post should stand on it's own. If I were a little smarter, I might hold that in reserve in case I don't have anything to post next week, but I'm impatient, so stay tuned for a bonus post this week! (Besides, this weekend is a long weekend and, God and the 4th festivities willing, I will have a finished Spanish Moss to show.)