Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stuff becoming other stuff

I wrote this post on Tuesday, right before I got sick, and it sounded so grumpy I saved it as a draft to come back to later, but since it has now been days with no post...here it is in all its grumpy glory.

I have finished the Just Enough Ruffles Scarf:

IMG_4496-1

Malabrigo Silky Merino in the colorway Velvet Grapes. The bind off took me an HOUR. I like it, and I'm currently wearing it as I type this post despite being in my comfortable home - but it looks an awful lot like the severed arm of an octopus. I'm just saying.

I like the end result and I love the yarn and the colorway, but it was really boring to knit. This was the first time I've done short rows, but they weren't difficult. For the most part, just stockinette. Very pretty. Insanely dull. And, it bears repeating - 600 stitches to bind off. AN HOUR.

I knit and washed a swatch.

IMG_4501-1

Valley Yarns Colrain in emerald, purchased strictly for swatching. I am now fully prepared to cast on for my sweater. Any day now. Totally going to do it.

I have been spinning:

IMG_4486-1

Wine Corriedale from Paradise Fibers. I have 8 ounces of this and my spinning has drastically improved. I think. We'll see when it's done and plied. I'm not very far into it. I still have a loooooot left to go.

So this week I popped it off the wheel and spun something fun for variety. I picked up a couple of batts from Butterfly Girl.

One was this:

IMG_4488-1

Which I have been turning into this:

IMG_4492-1

I feel I am posting all of this entirely without enthusiasm, but I'm feeling kind of sick today - I've developed a cough and a sore throat and I don't have a lot of energy.

Nature's Yarns is offering their wheel spinning class again starting next Monday, so I signed up. I went by the shop today to pay and while I was there I checked to see if the Zephyr had been restocked, and:

IMG_4498-1

It had. I am jazzed to start Swan Lake, but I have a number of less fascinating things to cross off my list first.

No comments: