Thursday, February 28, 2008

No news

Work has been crazy and my pup has been sick so I haven't knitted anything this week!! Saturday I got most of the way through my big black sock - so far, in fact, that now I think I am going to have to rip back an inch because I made them too long!! Sunday I worked on Shedir, hoping to finish (I didn't). After that, I just had no time. Lulu has had a skin problem that's been keeping both of us up all night with her itching, and work has been such a killer that I get home and don't even have the will to knit. I'm so tired that the needles feel like lead.

But even if I can't knit, I can think about knitting, and what I am thinking about knitting right now is a baby gift for a high school friend who is pregnant with her first. I don't know yet and probably won't know for a couple of weeks whether it is a boy or a girl. They're having a shower at the end of May so I have some time, but not enough to dawdle around.

The problem is, I want to make something she can wash. It seems kind of lame to make a baby item that cannot be cleaned easily. I guess she could always dry clean, but I just don't know. I thought about making a smaller version of the Hemlock Ring blanket. I have also looked at this organic cotton wrapper. I thought about the moses basket lining in Mason Dixon knitting. I am just awash with indecision. Cotton (ugh) or wool (too warm for an August baby?) - this pattern or that - superwash or not - lace or not - I don't know what to do!!

No comments: