Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just so you know

This little one?

New Addition

She is the one you can blame for the lack of knitting content. I'm just saying. Her sister spends a rather large portion of her time asleep, but this little one prefers to be petted at all times and is rather insistent. If shoving her head under your hand doesn't work or if you move the hand out of reach of the head, she will reach out and paw. I love her. I love her sister, too, which is why I am not posting any pics of her snoring with her face smished oddly and her tongue hanging out. We will wait for a more glamorous shot.

However, between housepainting and potty training, knitting time is minimal at best. I did put in some good time on Shedir Sunday night (did I blog about that already?), but I didn't get any knitting done.

I did, however, do a little bit of spinning while I was standing there talking to my friend as she painted. (When I say I am painting my house...I mean that she is painting my house and I am providing food, moral support, and readings from the Yarn Harlot books - and when she leaves? SHE thanks ME. Go figure.)

My spinning is still horribly uneven but I think I am improving somewhat. What really surprised me was how much I actually enjoyed it. I was more relaxed than I had been in the class, I think, and I wasn't going at it for hours on end, so it was pretty good. This pleased me. I believe I shall, in fact, spin again.

No comments: