Monday, August 13, 2007

Sideways progress

I did some work on the scarf for BG, but only a few rows at a time throughout the weekend. He was at my house in the evening on Saturday to watch a movie, and though I probably could have worked on the scarf without generating any questions, I decided not to take the chance. I hid it in my room and got out my Homespun Cape project instead. I almost hate to call it that because I am not using the Lion Brand Homespun to make it, but that's what the pattern is called. I am using Knit Picks Decadence in tan. Anyway, I got a couple of inches done on that, which was nice. Things I knit for myself tend to take a backseat to things I am knitting for other people, so working on something for me is a nice change. Also, it is a simple pattern and it is a nice break from the more complicated scarf.

I was a little aggravated because the yarn shed all over me as I was working it. This is an annoying feature in something designed to be worn over clothes. I'll just have to make sure to keep a lint roller on my person at all times, I guess.

I did take photographs of my WIPs but I have not been able to find my memory card reader to get the photos from my camera to the computer. I'm very frustrated. I know I have had it out since the move, and my computer has only been in a few places in the house. I have checked all of these places and everywhere else I can think of, but I can't find that darned reader. I may have to just get a new one. I'm really miffed, too, I got a nice picture that shows the texture of the columns scarf that I was really excited to post.

No comments: