Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One Row Ate Time

The delightful Caroline on the Romi forum made a little typo in one of her posts which I have snitched for a blog subject, because it seemed so appropriate!  (She meant to say one row at a time)  I am working veeeeerrrryyyy sloooooowly on my Pulelehua.  I think I'm averaging one pattern row a night.  If I'm lucky, I get in the corresponding purl rows.  But, though each row eats time, it also eats away into the number of rows that are left, and progress, though glacial, is present.  I'm almost at the tip of my butterfly's wings.  I have one pattern/purl set of rows left on my current chart and then I will have only three charts left.  (Only - sigh.)



Untitled


I'm not complaining about the pattern at all, just about the lack of time I've been able to set aside for knitting lately.  I keep hoping things will calm down, and then something else just keeps cropping up.  I'm losing my Friday night & Saturday knitting time again this week for my church's women's retreat, but I think that is the last thing truly on the calendar for a while.  We still have a lot of cleaning and organizing and administrative Stuff to do, but I'm thinking about declaring Memorial Day a knitting amnesty day and spending the whole day with my yarn and needles - and possibly with my spinning wheel.

I did make use of the time I had this weekend when I had it, and I finally, finally, blocked my long neglected Buttonwillow, which, for those who have justifiably forgotten, was done in Road to China Light in Riverstone.

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And my recently completed Caliz.


Untitled

I was impressed with how much the Caliz grew in blocking.  I didn't expect it to come out quite that large, so that was a pleasant surprise.  This would have been a very quick and simple knit if I had stuck with it, but it became my "carry-around" project which resulted in it being left in the car or other various places, occasionally disappearing, etc. so it took me quite a bit longer than it should have.  The yarn is A Verb For Keeping Warm Metamorphosis in Transnational Fury.

I still have my Polyhymnia left to block, which should give me at least one more week of something interesting to show, and then if I manage to make some good progress on Memorial Day, I might actually get back on my once-a-week blog schedule!

No comments: