Oh my, I am so late on the blog post this week. Things have been a little up and down lately, and the blog suffered. But! I am here now, and I know you all rejoice. Let the Weekly WIP Report commence.
Asterope has been released and I am FLYING along on it. It's so beautiful. Yarn is Lisa Souza Cashmere and Silk fingering, and the color is Peacock. I chose this one specifically because it's not one that I normally use, but it's a color that gets lots of compliments when I wear it. I'm hoping I'll have time to wear it this year. Winter just doesn't want to let go and I really hope we get some spring weather before we launch right into summer.
And...that's it for WIPs! I have Spanish Moss still on the needles, but I haven't been working on it. Despite that, I feel like I finally have the WIPs somewhat back under control. I actually hope to finish Asterope by the end of this weekend. Romi's Sakaki shawl will be coming out in the next few days, and I really want to knit that, but after that I think I am taking time out from other knitting to start working on my Alaska shawl. This will be tough - I just got the yarn in for the April edition of the Dark and Light Lace Club, and Romi's next club shipment will be shipping this month as well. But, I do want to get started! Besides, I have a bunch of books on Alaska sitting on my table to be read, and I will need simple knitting for that. I have developed this weird idea in the last few months that I have to knit everything I want to knit RIGHT NOW because there is new stuff coming up all the time, and I can't keep up! I really need to let go of that mentality, take a deep breath and realize that no matter what I do, I can't keep up, and I'm going to have to make some choices. I'll....let you know how that goes.
My second Taygete is finished. I feel like this was a pretty quick knit too. I knit to 60 MC rows (the pattern calls for 74, I think) since I was using a heavier weight yarn. Romi gave a percentage system to help with yarn substitution/resizing, and it worked great. I used up almost all of the darker colored yarn.
I actually intended to use the lighter colored yarn for the lace, but I changed my mind as I saw how the stripes were working up. The lighter color was totally overwhelming the darker, so I switched in the hopes that using the dark for the lace would help balance the colors out a little better. I think it did. The sock weight version is squishy and cushy, while this version is drapey, but still cozy.