Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bonus post - I couldn't stand not being able to show the Phoenix shawl so I took pictures last night.

Knitting - 054

Knitting - 055

I am absolutely thrilled that the next shawl in Romi's Seven Small Shawls e-book subscription is due to be released next week. This is the yarn I plan to use.

Knitting - 024

Knitting - 059

Yarn is Fiber Optics Sapphire Batik. Her picture is much closer to the true color. My photos in no way convey what this yarn looks like in person because it reflects so much light. The colors are correct but they come off much darker in person, making it very midnight and very appropriate for a shawl designed to evoke the starry sky. There's a lot of color depth in the blues, too. I'm in love with it. I'm planning to use silver-lined grey beads on it similar to the ones shown, but these are size 8 and I need size 6, so I had to order them. Hopefully when I get back from my beach trip, I'll have my beads and the pattern release will quickly follow. I'm just dying to get started on this one!

No comments: