Monday, July 20, 2009

Famous Last Words

Dear blog, it is with sadness I must consign to you this, my last post, because I am doomed to suffer the consequences of a great sin. I have coveted my neighbor's knitting. I assisted my friend and knitting disciple in deciphering the instructions for the Leaf Lace Wrap kit from Woodstock Knits, and when, while admiring her work, I squeezed the soft squishyness of the first few rows, and saw how quickly knitting grows when it is on size 15 needles, envy was born in my heart, and I coveted, and within days I found myself at Nature's Yarn, buying that very kit for myself. And I took it home, and I knitted it, and it was soft and squishy and it delighted my eyes, and I knit lovingly on it, every day I came home weeping from the harshness and insanity of my day, and I knitted on it, and, my friends...I finished it. In less than two weeks, I finished it. Therefore, said knitting disciple is going to kill me. I cannot blame her - I would do the same. In fact, no jury of her knitting peers would ever convict her.

I only ask that I be laid to rest wrapped in that lovely, squishy (well, somewhat less squishy now that it has been blocked), soft alpaca sweetness that I loved so much that I not only willingly copied another knitter, but did not even wait until she finished it before making one for myself. I cannot even say I am sorry, for I regret nothing.

Adieu, fair blog. Adieu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say ye not adieu, but make atonement for your sin....bring the offending item with you when we dine that all made admire it and that it may serve as a shining example to those who have not yet begun this quest (or worked on it long enough)