Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring Fever

I'm totally restless lately, but I seem to be managing so far to put that energy to good use. I've taken care of a lot of things that I've been meaning to do for a long, long time. One of these is - cleaning my craft room! I finally quit whining about it this past weekend and got a cheap, utilitarean set of plastic shelves and set them up. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning, putting stuff away, and stacking the shelves with my papercraft materials. The difference is massive. I wouldn't have believed I could get so much done in one day. I thought it would be a week's job at least to get that place in order.

It's not totally finished. The stuff in the closet needs to be pulled out, evaluated, and reintegrated. I still have 3 bins of non-craft related stuff in the guest room that I need to find a home for in the craft room (one marked 'computer,' one marked 'office supplies,' and one marked 'misc). And, my working table is covered with all the little bits and pieces that either have a home in something larger but will take some time to put away, or that don't have a home at all.

I've come to the conclusion that I need a better method for organizing a couple of things. In my head, I categorize them as scraps, stickers, and string. Scrap paper leftover from other stuff, stickers and other flat embelishments, and different strings and fibers collected for scrapbooking purposes.

I keep my stickers in a Crop in Style PSB, and it works pretty well except that there's no backing in the pockets of the pages, so you can see right through them into everything below and it makes things confusing. I suppose I could hole-punch some plain white 12x12 paper to put in between each page. I'd also like to devide the stickers up by category, which I currently can't do because I don't have enough pocket sheets of every size. I'm using pretty much every slot I have.

So, things to think about, but at least I am making progress toward organization! I am so proud of the fact that I can walk from one end of the room to the other! I can go in there at night without fear of breaking my neck before I find the light switch! And, I'm feeling some enthusiasm for some of my crafts besides knitting, now that I have room to breathe and (almost) space to work!

No comments: