Monday, August 27, 2007

So close, yet so far

The scarf is 40 inches and I've joined in the third ball of Moss. Only 20 inches to go - and yet, it seems like such a long way. I've got a lot going on at home now with visiting relatives. I've missed my deadline to get this done - BG's birthday was this past Thursday - but as we've all got a lot going on right now we put off the formal birthday celebration for a bit. If I can get this done before my family leaves I think I will be safe, but I won't know for sure how much time I have until we set a formal birthday party date.

Last night right before I went to bed I cast on a pedicure sock in Artyarns Supermerino, colorway Paris Rain. I think it's beautiful so far, though I've only got a couple of rows done. I feel a little guilty for starting it, but I felt like I needed something quick and simple to make me feel better about how long all my complicated projects are taking me. Besides, everybody does socks while doing other projects, right? Right?

I started to try casting both socks on at once, but I was tired and it seemed like too much work. I guess I could put this sock on a holder, do a couple of rows on the other sock, and then put them both back on my circs.

I'm using my addi turbo needles and after using the knitpicks options - the tips seem SO blunt!! It's actually really bothering me! I may have to switch...it's driving me nuts. I'm sure I'll get used to them again eventually, but having been accustomed to one, switching to the other is difficult. I had problems when I switched from the addis to the options for the same reason, in the other direction.

Ah well...

No comments: