Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Onward, Knitting Soldier

The passion of the bucket hat continues...I nearly had a fit last night in frustration. I am so glad I did this project before the fingerless gloves. :oP

Anyway, despite my frustrations and mistakes, the project itself seems to LOOK fine. My biggest problem is that I keep ending up with extra stitches at the end of a round and that is not good. I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong at the join of the two needles that is resulting in an extra stitch - either I am carrying the yarn the wrong way, or something. I started being very careful and deliberate with where I carried the yarn across the join of the two needles, and that seems to have helped some. I am trying really hard to watch now and see if I can figure out where else I am messing up.

In any case, things are progressing, if not totally smoothly. I have 11 rounds to go and then I'm done. I did about six yesterday, and I charred cooked dinner so I didn't spend the whole evening on it. So, figure about two more days work, give or take. If it isn't finished by Thursday evening I will be Miffed.

No comments: