Wednesday, June 6, 2007

And for my next trick...

I have no idea what I am going to do. I have enough cotton to make a blue hat with a green stripe. I still plan to make a hat for , but I think I am going to start over because I feel like the stuff I cast on for it looks a mess. :oP I have my shawl that I am working on also. I probably should just be good and finish the shawl and Sbodd's hat before I start anything else.

...yeah, we'll see how long that lasts. ^_^ I do have some lighter weight cotton wending its way to me for the floppy sunhat I wanted to make for Karen. That hat is knit from the top down using increases rather from the bottom up using decreases, so it should be another good learning experience. Also, the yarn was cheap, but it should be washable and wear well.

It actually looks kind of scary to me, but I do love a challenge. Afterwards. During the process there is kind of a lot of cursing and gnashing of teeth and tears, because I am too uptight to be 'ah, well, this is a first for me, it is natural that I make mistakes.' Afterwards, though, I always feel accomplished. Also, it is nice to knit summer stuff in the hot weather. It feels wierd to be making scarves and mittens during the summer. Winter will come soon enough. I don't need to rush it along. ;oP

No comments: