Wednesday, May 9, 2007

ADD

I have taken another detour from the scarf for Sbodd and started work on a shawl for me (really, it's basically a double-wide scarf rather than a true shaped shawl), which I think will be helpful to have since I am constantly cold even in my own house. I meant to do it just to take a short break from the scarf but I am so in love with the yarn that I used that I just don't want to stop! I'm using Paton SWS in Natural Navy and the picture does it no justice at all. It's fantastic. When I get a little more length I will take pictures because it is gorgeous.

Unfortunately, it won't machine wash well, but I pretty much intend to wear it exclusively in the house, so I don't expect to get it too terribly dirty most of the time. I just wanted something I could put around my arms when I am crafting or working in some way where a blanket, even my slanket, would be bulky and restrictive.

It is just sooooo pretty!! And I am also thinking as I knit of people who might like to have one like it in a different shade. Mwee hee hee.

No comments: